taking care of those who serve
Benefits and pay
Life. Health. Wellness.
- Health & Dental Insurance – Comprehensive and competitive plans, with options for vision and pre-paid legal services
- Life & Disability Insurance – $50,000 per DPS employee, with an additional $25,000 for being an NMSP Officer
- Option to purchase additional supplemental life insurance
- Annual Leave can bank up to 240 hours per year
- Duty Injury Leave – Allowance of up to 1440 paid hours for work-related injury/illness that occurs while performing non-administrative law enforcement duties
LEARNING MORE ABOUT
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
The New Mexico State Police Uniform is iconic, surrounded by tradition, but also comes with a bit of maintenance and upkeep. Learn more about what that entails.
THE GOLDEN YEARS
- 25-year retirement at 75%, with the ability to earn up to 90% with longevity
- No maximum age limit to start your career, no age requirement to retire
- Optional New Mexico 457 Plan (Deferred Compensation)
- Please contact Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico for questions about retirement service credit and benefits
WHAT ELSE TO CONSIDER
The New Mexico State Police offer competive pay and several opportunities for incentive pay and bonuses.
Wherever you may go
learn about duty stations around the state
You’re going to go places in your career – in more ways than one! Keep exploring to learn about the different locations you may experience during your time with the New Mexico State Police.
FOR YOU. FOR YOUR FAMILY.
The New Mexico State Police offers a rewarding career with many opportunities for promotions. Learn more about what it takes to join our ranks by filling out the quick form.