Are you ready?
Discover the Exciting World of Law Enforcement
the new mexico state police youth academy
Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Experience
Join us for a unique and unforgettable one-week adventure at the New Mexico State Police Youth Academy! From Sunday, June 25th to Saturday, July 1st, immerse yourself in the fascinating world of law enforcement and gain hands-on experience that will shape your future. Be part of a life-changing journey that will challenge you, empower you, and inspire you to reach your full potential.
A Comprehensive Curriculum That Will Ignite Your Passion
- Life-Saving Skills: First Aid/CPR, Conflict Resolution
- Legal Insight: Criminal Law and Procedure, Domestic Violence
- Precision and Focus: Firearms (Marksmanship), MILO
- Road Safety: Drinking and Driving, Texting and Driving
- Empathy and Understanding: Dealing with the Mentally Ill, Hate Crimes
- Thrilling Adventures: Rappelling, Patrol Operations, Driving
- Leadership and Personal Growth: Leadership Training, Military Drill
- Healthy Living: Physical Fitness, Nutrition
- Social Responsibility: Alcohol, Tobacco, Drug Abuse, Sexting and Social Media Safety
- Empowerment and Respect: Defensive Tactics (Modified), Bullying
FOR NEXT CLASS
Sunday, May 7th, 2023
This prestigious program is open to New Mexico youth aged 16-18 who will be Juniors or Seniors in the 2023-2024 academic school year. Submit your application and a letter of recommendation by the deadline of Sunday, May 7th, 2023, for a chance to embark on this extraordinary adventure.
In Santa Fe at the Law Enforcement Academy (4491 Cerrillos Road).
Participants should be between the ages of 16-18, who will be a junior or senior in the 2023-2024 class.
No, there is no cost to participants. We will provide uniforms, meals, and boarding in our NMSP dormitories.
The youth academy is 1 week long. Beginning Sunday, June 25th until Saturday, July 1st. Youth recruits will stay with us for the duration in our dorm rooms.
Our youth academy is structured into condensed blocks of instruction so that youth recruits can experience a mini version of an NMSP academy while getting an inside look into our agency and its specialty teams. Youth recruits will learn valuable life skills that include: leadership, self-esteem, discipline, and accountability.
Rise to the Challenge
NMSP Youth Academy
Get ready to dive into the heart of the action as you explore the duties and responsibilities of law enforcement professionals. Witness live demonstrations from our specialty teams and participate in a tailored version of our traditional academy training. This immersive program will equip you with valuable life skills such as leadership, self-esteem, discipline, and accountability.
Need More Info? Send a message to our team and we'll get back to you.
This immersive program will equip you with valuable life skills such as leadership, self-esteem, discipline, and accountability.